- The race series will be governed by the Racing Rules of Sailing
- The rules if the ILCA will apply.
- Open to all boats of the Laser Class
- Boats are required to complete registration requirements.
- NOTICES TO COMPETITORS
- Notices to competitors will be posted on the official notice board located at the Newport Yacht Club.
- CHANGES TO SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
- All changes to the sailing instructions will be posted by 10:00AM on the day of the race.
- SIGNALS MADE ASHORE
- All signals made ashore will be on the end of the first dock (looking south) at Newport Yacht Club
- When flag AP is displayed ashore, ‘1 minute’ is replaced with ‘not less than 30 minutes’ until the warning signal. This changes RRS Signals.
- Registration will begin at 8:30AM (0830)
- Skippers/Racers meeting will be at 10:00AM (1000)
- First warning will be at 11:00 AM (1100)
- No warning will take place after 3:30PM (1530)
- Up to 8 races will be sailed.
- RACING AREAS
- All races will take place on Irondequoit Bay
- See Appendix C
- Inflatable tall “barrel” cylinders, and buoy balls. These marks may vary as equipment and conditions dictate. See Appendix C
- Appendix U Sound Signal Starting System shall be used.
- Race “Attention” signal will be made approximately 1 minute before the warning signal with 4 horn sounds. This is not an official time signal and should not be treated as such.
- Starting lines will be between the orange flag on the committee boat and nearby starting buoy course side edge.
- Boats starting later than 20 min after their scheduled start will be scored DNS.
- If a starting penalty is to be used the appropriate flag will be flown throughout the starting sequence.
- The Race Committee will hail boats that are OCS.Failure of a competitor to hear the hail shall not be grounds for redress.
- Finishes shall be between an orange flag on the committee boat and a nearby mark.
- The signal flag “A” will be flown indicating no more racing today.
- TIME LIMITS AND TARGET TIMES
- The time limit for all races shall be 2 hours
- Time to reach the first mark is 45 minutes.
- The target time for each race is 40 minutes.
- The Race Committee may change or shorten the course based on target time, this changes RRS(32.1)
- The Race Committee shall be informed of all protests immediately following the race in which the incident occurred.
- Protest time limit is 30 minutes after the committee boat docks.
- 1 race will constitute a regatta
- If 5 or more races are completed there shall be 1 exclusion.
- Boats retiring from the race shall notify the Race Committee as soon as possible.
- Personal flotation devices are required during all races.
- DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
- Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. See RRS 4, Decision to Race. The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta.
Course Diagrams – Attached